Seduction is not just an act of luring someone to bed for sex but also the process of persuading people to do or agree to something by making it look attractive.
Dealing with seduction is a precarious situation in this generations, where most people roam around almost naked in a desperate move to seduce others. Offices streets, Internet, television found in our very homes are heavily under attack by seductive spirit thereby raising questions on how to deal with this virus.
How do we deal with seduction?
- We must avoid materialism (1Timothy 6:11) ….. But as for you, O man of God, flee from all these things; aim at and pursue righteousness (right standing with God and true goodness), godliness (which is the loving fear of God and being Christlike), faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart”
- We must give our lives to Christ and remain Godly:
Only in Christ can a man be free from the law of sin (Romans 8:1;John 3:18). Being Godly demands obedience to God, a virtue the world can not do without if we must run away from seduction, that is in the world today.
- We must listen to God at all times:
The children of Israel failed to listen to God and Mannaseh took the advantage to seduce them to sin against God.
- We must flee from all appearances of evil. Unfortunately Samson became a victim of seduction and paid with his life, he could not resist the lap of the adulterous woman.
- We must avoid evil communication
Evil communication corrupts good manners, the advent of Internet has caused so much decay in the foundation of moral standards, with its abuse.
- We must be prayerful.
Praying and fasting keeps us sober and strengthens us to resist the powers of the seductress (Matthew 26:41). All of you must keep awake (give strict attention, be cautious and active) and watch and pray, that you may not come into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
God has given us all that pertains to Godliness and life. Unfortunately, it’s saddening to see how people have been seduced into abominable worship in the name of God today. Behold He is knocking on your door, if you will open the door, He will come in and bless you.
Worship with the Church of Christ near you to learn more of the scriptures
By Chidi Chibunna